1 ）Proverb ：
Blood is thicker than water. （血浓于水）
2) Words you may find useful
considerate = thoughtful
strong-minded = resolute
cheerful = encouraging
thankful = grateful
optimistic = enthusiastic = positive
cares about details = meticulous
3) Instruction(主题内容指示): You may talk about one of Your family members (e.g your mother or father)/A Person Who Has Greatly Influenced You
①what the relationship is between you and him/her
②how much time you spend with the person
③whether you think you have similar personalities; and explain why you chose to talk about this person．
Name＋appearance➩Job＋how often we meet＋in common?➪His personality/qualities/shortcomings➯ A memory, what he taught me (values)➱ Future
1. Name: Let me tell you about my father. His name is Tang Xingzhan, Tang being the family name he passed on to me.
2. Appearance: He's going to turn 50 this year, but he still looks good. He's quite tall and slim. He has broad shoulders, and very dark black hair. He's a very elegant man, and he really pays attention to his appearance．He shaves every single morning, and his skin is very smooth and soft, although I often tease him about （开玩笑）the wrinkles he's getting around the eyes．
3. Job: He is a businessman and he works a lot. Actually, he works too much, and his schedule is always hectic. He goes on business trips quite often to meet customers and supervise work in the factories. He set up his company many years ago, and he has done very well. He exports shoes all over the world, and he makes good money to support family. Although he sometimes goes away on business for a few days, he takes good care of my grandparents, and me and my mother.
4. Personality: He's very generous and caring. My father is a great man, because he is extremely considerate and thoughtful. He cares about the people around him, and he always wants to make everyone happy. In addition, he always pays attention to details：he's quite meticulous(一丝不苟的), and I think this is why he has been successful．On top of this, he's smart. He knows a lot about everything. He reads the news every day, and he always makes comments about current events.
5. A memory: My father has always been my first teacher. I think he taught me how to be hard-working and patient. He always tells me that I shouldn't give up, even if things are more difficult than I thought they would be. He always says that "Rome was not built in a day"（罗马不是一日建成的）. A couple of days ago, he also told me that I shouldn't be afraid to have my own point of view. I wish I could be as strong-minded （内心强大的）as he is．
6. Future: Next year, I plan to go to Australia to study business, and I will miss him a lot, but I am going to study hard, in order to learn as much as possible, and hopefully work for him in the future.
1. Do you think that parents generally know what is best for their children?
2. What do you think that young children need most in life?
3. To what extent do you think children inherit characteristics from their parents?
4. What types of activities do families often do together?